Becoming a San Francisco Health Plan Provider
Most of our Providers are part of our medical group network. If you are interested in becoming a San Francisco Health Plan Provider, either independently or as part of a medical group, or if you’d like more information on the role of our Providers in the care of San Francisco Health Plan members, email Provider Relations or call 1(415) 547-7818 ext 7084.
San Francisco Health Plan Providers are the overall coordinators of care for our members.
Responsibilities of our Providers include:
- Assuring reasonable access and availability to primary care services
- Providing all preventive care and CHDP/EPSDT required services
- Providing access to urgent care
- Providing 24-hour coverage for advice and referral to care
- Making appropriate referrals for specialty care
- Providing coordination and continuity of care after emergency care, outpatient, inpatient and tertiary care referrals
- Communicating authorization decisions to the member
- Assisting the member in making appointments or other arrangements for specialty care or procedures
- Tracking and following up on referrals
Our primary care providers must have hospital admitting privileges with a network hospital. If a member is hospitalized with an emergency at a non-network hospital, the PCP arranges transfer to a network hospital once the member is medically stable.
If you are a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist or any other behavioral health provider interested in serving San Francisco Health Plan patients, please contact San Francisco Behavioral Health Services Provider Relations at 1(415) 255-3706.