San Francisco Health Plan provides a quality benefits package at a cost effective price. Our benefits package is designed to keep you healthy and maintain a balance between your work and personal life.
SFHP offers competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, but these are just a few of the perks our employees enjoy! While benefits vary depending on employment status, here are some highlights.
- Medical Plans: Employees have a choice of a PPO or HMO Medical plan under multiple providers.
- Dental: Employees have a choice between two dental plans.
- Vision: Employees are provided with vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Very generous PTO allotment.
- Holidays: SFHP observes twelve paid holidays during the year.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- New Years Eve
- Floating Holiday
- CalPERS Pension Plan: Percentage of gross income contributed to CalPERS pension plan in lieu of Social Security.
- CalPERS 457 (optional): Employee funded tax deferred compensation plan.
- 401(a): Employer funded retirement account.
Additional Optional Benefits and Perks:
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: SFHP provides basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Optional Life & AD&D Insurance: Employees may purchase additional term life insurance on a payroll deduction basis.
- Optional Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance: Employees may purchase short or long term disability insurance on a payroll deduction basis.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Set aside a portion of salary to pay for your health care and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Transit and Parking (WageWorks): Set aside a portion of your salary to pay for public transportation and parking. Commuting costs are deducted from your earnings before taxes.
- Discounted Gym Membership: SFHP has partnered with a local gym to offer discounted memberships to SFHP employees on a payroll deduction basis.
- Employee Recognition Awards: SFHP has multiple employee awards programs that are set up to recognize and honor those employees who go above and beyond in representing our core values.
- New Hire Advisor Program: Program designed to help integrate new (non-management) employees into the organization.