Medi-Cal is a health insurance program for low-income residents of California. As your local health plan, San Francisco Health Plan offers an excellent and large selection of doctors, hospitals, and clinics. Almost every doctor or clinic that accepts Medi-Cal is part of our network, so chances are you can continue to see the doctors you know and trust.
Medi-Cal Benefits & Services through San Francisco Health Plan
Medi-Cal provides medical, dental, and vision coverage. San Francisco Health Plan offers:
- Doctor Visits – 600 Primary Care Providers
- Vision Care (Glasses & Eye Exams) – 90 Vision Service Providers
- Hospital & Emergency Room Care – Nine of the best San Francisco hospitals
- Prescription Drugs – 200+ pharmacies throughout San Francisco
- Regular Check-Up’s and Immunizations (shots)
- OB/GYN Services and Pregnancy Care
- Family Planning
- Substance Abuse Programs
- Specialty Care – 2,800+ Specialists in our Network
- Dental Care – Provided by Denti-Cal
- Health Classes
For a complete description of covered and excluded benefits, benefit restrictions, information on how services are authorized and how to access pharmacy services, please review our Evidence of Coverage and Member Handbook. Also, to find out if your doctor is in our network, please click on “Find a Medi-Cal Doctor” on the left side of this page.
How to Apply
To apply online, you can visit one of the following two websites.
To apply in person, you can visit:
At our Service Center, you can get help applying for Medi-Cal or the Healthy San Francisco program. To make an appointment with an enrollment specialist, please call 1(415) 777–9992.
Medi-Cal Health Connections
1440 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Call Toll Free 1(855) 355-5757 for dates & times
There is no cost to participate in Medi-Cal. There may be low premium costs for some children whose household income is above a certain income limit. These premiums are paid to the Medi-Cal program. San Francisco Health Plan members with Medi-Cal, pay no costs to providers or to the health plan.
Do I Qualify?
Medi-Cal covers adults, parents, and children who are:
- California residents, US Citizens, nationals or eligible qualified immigrants
- Under the household limits