Health Education Tools & Tips
Communicating with your providers
Ask Me 3™ is a patient education program designed to promote communication between health care providers and patients in order to improve health outcomes. The program encourages patients to understand the answers to three questions:
- What is my main problem?
- What do I need to do?
- Why is it important for me to do this?
The Effective Healthcare Program at the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), has great resources on many topics related to healthcare appointments and making treatment decisions! The resources are below:
- Tips to help you talk with your provider and make treatment decisions
- Use this Question Builder to figure out which questions to ask your provider at your next visit
Affordable, nutritious food
Eating healthy on a budget can be a challenge, but it is possible! Click on these links for healthy shopping and meal preparation ideas:
Farmers’ markets are a great way to explore fruits and vegetables. We are lucky to have many farmers’ markets in the Bay Area. Click on these links for information on the markets:
- Heart of the City
- Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association
- California Farmers’ Markets Association
- Free Farm Stand
Self Management. You can do it!