Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral Health Treatment
These services should develop or restore, as much as possible, the daily functioning of a member with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Treatments include applied behavior analysis (ABA) and other evidence-based services that have been reviewed and have been shown to work. These services are for Medi-Cal members up to age 21.
Mental Health Care
Do you need someone to talk to?
SFHP works with a company called Beacon Health Options (“Beacon”) to provide outpatient mild to moderate mental health services, such as:
- Individual and group mental health evaluation and treatment (psychotherapy). These services can include counseling from a therapist and are sometimes available at your primary care clinic.
- Psychological testing when clinically indicated to evaluate a mental health condition
- Mental health and alcohol use screening and counseling (Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral, and Treatment, “SBIRT”)
- Outpatient services that include lab work, drugs, and supplies
- Psychiatric consultation
Mental Health Services
Services such as individual and group mental health evaluation and treatment, psychological testing, certain outpatient services (including laboratory drugs, supplies, and supplements), and psychiatric consultation. Call Beacon Health Options to learn more at 1(855) 371-8117 or beaconhealthoptions.com.
|Beacon Provider Search|
Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling (AMSC) and Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
SFHP covers alcohol misuse services for members 18 years of age and older including:
- Alcohol misuse screening
- Behavioral counseling interventions
These services are typically provided by your primary care provider or a psychologist at your primary care clinic. Your provider may also give you a referral to the San Francisco County Community Behavioral Health Services (CBHS) for additional alcohol and substance use disorder treatment services. You can contact the CBHS Access Help Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1(415) 255-3737 or 1(888) 246-3333 toll free. If you are hearing-impaired, you may call CBHS’ TDD line at 1(888) 484-7200.