Quality Improvement Resources
Improving Patient Access
- Murray, M. JAMA, February 26, 2003 – Vol 289, No.8 “Advanced Access: Reducing Wait and Delays in Primary Care”
- Backlog reduction worksheet helps you quantify your backlog (how many people are waiting for appointments) to your third next available appointment.
- Southeast Health Center Phone Triage Script
- Sample Huddle Script
- AIDET – Using Key Words at Key Times
- Pre and post visit phone calls and leveraging patient portals.
- Asthma Progress Note
- Medical Group Visit Starter Kit – For Diabetes Illness Care
- Registries and Staffing Models
Team Based Care
- Community Clinics: Resources, Toolkits and Networking
- Institute for Patient and Family-Centered Care
- Quick Reference Guide: Improving the Patient Experience
- Have you Really Addressed Your Patient’s Concerns?
- Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit
Sample Standing Orders
- Diabetes Standing Orders: Sample from Ocean Park Health Center
- Standing Order for Adult Td and Tdap Vaccine
- Standing Order for Diabetes Care inreach
- Standing Order for Hypertension Care
- Standard Order for Mammogram
- Standing Order for Pain Management
- Standing Order for Pneumoccoccal Vaccine
- Standing Order for the Administration of the Influence Vaccine
- Standing Order for Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Standing Order for the PAP Test
Patient and Family Engagement
- Institute for Healthcare Communication provides training programs and names of specific trainers on communication techniques for staff and providers.
- Placard with four icons to remind staff of four steps to improved patient interactions to help clinic staff.
- Silver Avenue Family Health Center Sample Agenda Setting Form
- Mission Neighborhood Health Center Sample Agenda Setting Form
- Family Health Center at SFGH Sample Agenda Setting Form
- Beryl Institute
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement