Support for Staying Safe and Healthy
Why You Should Meet with Your Primary Care Provider* (PCP)
- Your PCP is your partner to help you make healthy choices. They get to know you and what your health is often like.
- You can ask your PCP any questions about your health.
- You can get help with both short-term health issues and life-long health conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Your PCP helps with all your health care needs, such as having you meet with special doctors when you need it.
- Routine visits with your PCP can help cut down on emergency room visits and hospital stays.
* Your Primary Care Provider is the doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant who is in charge of your health care.
Medi-Cal Member Videos
Get Help Understanding Member Benefits & Services Watch Videos »
Health Visits, Tests, and Shots
Your health and well-being are our top priority at the San Francisco Health Plan.
Below are some of the health visits and tests SFHP covers to support your health.
- Ask your PCP what tests and shots are right for you
- Eyesight and hearing tests
- Any vaccines you may need
- Testing for HIV, Hepatitis C, and other infectious diseases
At Any Age
- Starting at age 21, cervical cancer screening with pap and HPV (Human Papillomavirus) tests every three to five years for people with a cervix
- HPV vaccine up until age 26 and if you are not sexually active
- Chlamydia checks each year if you are:
- Younger than 25 and sexually active
- 25 and older with new or multiple sex partners, or a sex partner who has a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- Cholesterol checks every five years starting at age 45
- Colon cancer testing every ten years starting at age 50
- Breast/chest cancer screening every two years starting at age 50
- Zoster vaccine starting at age 50
- Bone density testing every two years starting at age 65
Talk with your PCP about how often you should get screened and what age to stop certain screenings.
See If You Can Get Medi-Cal Routine Care Benefits
Learn more about your health care options and get your Medi-Cal application started today.
For more information, contact us at:
- Phone: 1(415) 777-9992 or 1(888) 558-5858
- Fax: 1(415) 547-7820
- Phone Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
Visit Our Service Center
The SFHP Service Center gives the highest quality enrollment services for you and your family. We are doing all we can to meet the health care needs of San Franciscans during the COVID-19 pandemic. We offer support in-person and over phone.
Our Enrollment Team offers information and application help for Medi-Cal.
In-person appointments are available on:
Tuesday and Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 4:00pm (closes at 3:00pm every 3rd Wednesday of the month)
Phone appointments are available on:
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday 8:30am – 12:00pm
Our team is happy to help you with health coverage needs at a time that works best for you!
To set up an in-person or phone appointment, please contact us at 1(415) 777-9992 or 1(888) 558-5858.
Visit our Service Center page for more information.