Learning about your health is the first step to staying healthy and feeling good every day.
The more you know, the better you can manage and maintain your health, whether you are feeling great or are unwell.
Below, are easy-to-read handouts on many different health and wellness topics. Feel free to print them and share with your health care team, family members, and other important people in your life.
We frequently update this site, so be sure to check back often. At San Francisco Health Plan, we are here for you.
- Take Charge of Your Asthma
- What is Back Pain?
- Birth Control Methods
- Chronic Pain
- Diabetes Health Education Passport
- Fluoride Varnish
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Health Care
- Healthier Eating
- Pediatric Preventive Care for Kids Under 1
- Pediatric Preventive Care for Children Ages 1-6
- Pediatric Preventive Care for Children Ages 7-11
- Pediatric Preventive Care for Youth Ages 12-17
- Preventive Care for Ages 18-20
- Physical Activity – Exercise for Your Health
- Prenatal Care – What is Prenatal Care?
- Postpartum Health Tips
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Smoking and Vaping
- Stress Reduction
- Women’s Health
For additional Health Education information, please refer to the links below:
- National Institute on Aging
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- National Health Information Center, US Dept. of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- MedlinePlus, National Institute of Health
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Mayo Clinic
- SF Department of Emergency Management: Are You Prepared?