Learning about your health is the first step to staying healthy and feeling good every day.
The more you know, the better you can manage and maintain your health, whether you are feeling great or are unwell.
Below, are easy-to-read handouts on many different health and wellness topics. Feel free to print them and share with your health care team, family members, and other important people in your life.
We frequently update this site, so be sure to check back often. At San Francisco Health Plan, we are here for you.
- Asthma Health Education Passport
- What is Back Pain?
- Birth Control Methods
- Chronic Care Caregiver
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Pain
- Cholesterol – What is Cholesterol?
- Diabetes Health Education Passport
- Fluoride Varnish
- Giving Birth
- Immunizations – Childhood Immunizations
- Interacting With Your Baby
- Hypertension – High Blood Pressure
- Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Health Care
- Mental Health
- Nutrition – Healthier Eating
- Pertussis (a.k.a. Whooping Cough)
- Physical Activity – Exercise for Your Health
- Prenatal Care – What is Prenatal Care?
- Postpartum Health Tips
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Stress Reduction
- Substance Use, Abuse, and Addiction
- Weight Management
- Women’s Health
For additional Health Education information, please refer to the links below:
- National Institutes of Health
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- National Health Information Center, US Dept. of Health and Human Services
- EthnoMed, from Harborview Medical Center in Seattle
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- MedlinePlus, National Institute of Health
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Mayo Clinic
- SF Department of Emergency Management: Are You Prepared?