Welcome to the SFHP Service Center! We offer application and enrollment help with
Our Team Is Here to Help You
Health coverage is important to keep you and your family well. We provide the most current information on various coverage options that are available. Our team will help you enroll in the health program that fits your needs today.
Schedule an in-person or phone appointment.
We can help you in the language of your choice.
We’ll help find the right program for you.
During your appointment, an enrollment specialist can also help you complete or renew your Medi-Cal application.
We will also determine if you qualify for CalFresh, California’s food access program. This program provides monthly help to buy food at many markets and food stores.
Scheduling Your Visit
The SFHP Service Center makes enrolling in Medi-Cal and other health programs easy and clear. We’re here to help you every step of the way.
Monday to Friday
Saturday 8:30am – 12:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday
Wednesday 8:30am – 4:00pm
(Closed at 3:00pm every 3rd Wednesday of the month)
Book your appointment online with an enroller at the SFHP Service Center.
Call toll-free at 1(800) 288-5555 or 1(415) 547-7830 (TTY), Monday–Friday, from 8:30am–5:30pm to schedule an in-person or phone appointment.
The Service Center is located in downtown San Francisco near Chinatown. There are Muni bus lines nearby and we are near the Montgomery Street BART/Muni station.
What to Know Before Your Appointment
- A photo ID is required.
- You must also have proof of income for EACH member of your household and proof of San Francisco residency. The enrollment team will use these documents to determine what health coverage or program you are eligible for.
- Your appointment may take 1 hour or more.
- Your appointment may be canceled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- Have all your documents ready before your appointment.
- To review the list of required documents, click here.
- All documents (except for photo ID) must be dated within 45 days of your appointment date.
- For the safety of staff and clients, we require all Service Center visitors to wear a mask.
Submitting Your Documents
Learn more about the documents you need and how to submit them before your appointment. Each program has a different process of enrolling, but we’ll help you figure out each step. Watch the video below.
From Our Community
I’m grateful for this service. I thought it would be hard to get health coverage, but the Service Center made it easy to get insurance. Thank you!
The whole process was easy, my enrollment specialist was very understanding, and kind. The whole team was great to work with.
I received help and good advice about my health insurance options. Now my family and I are covered.