Quality and Performance Improvement at San Francisco Health Plan
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) designs and manages many programs that focus on improving the health of our members and their experience of care.
- Provide Universal Coverage
- High Quality Care and Access to Care
- Exemplary Service
- Financial Viability for the Plan and the Safety Net
SFHP is committed to working with Providers to meet these goals. We have many initiatives in place to support patient-centered, high-quality care:
- Practice Improvement Program: Supporting improvement in patient experience, healthcare systems, data quality, and clinical quality, through incentives to medical groups and clinics
- These white papers provide a high-level summary of the interventions that support our improvement efforts
- Our Journey to Improve Quality and the Health of our Population 2011
- Our Journey to Improve Quality and the Health of our Population 2015
- Patient Experience Pilots: SFHP ran two clinic collaboratives, which successfully improved access (significantly decreasing delays for appointments at participating clinics) and improved patient satisfaction scores. The collaboratives combined expert consultation and teaching through off-site learning, customized clinic coaching, and modest incentives
- Practice Improvement Training Calendar: Free trainings focused on improving customer service, provider communication, and Quality Improvement methodologies.
Please see the links for more information about our programs. If you have any questions about our Quality Improvement Program, please email Health Improvement or call 1(800) 288-5555.