San Francisco Health Plan strives to provide employees with terrific benefits designed to keep you healthy and maintain a balance between your work and personal life.
SFHP offers competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, but these are just a few of the perks you’ll enjoy as a full-time employee!
- Medical Plans: You’ll have a choice of medical plans, including options from Kaiser and Aetna. Employee coverage in the the HMO plans are currently available at no cost and dependent coverage is heavily subsidized by SFHP.
- Dental: We have a dental plan with multiple network options, including orthodontic coverage.
- Vision: Employee vision care coverage is available at no cost.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Employees can accrue up to 23 PTO days each year, and earn more based on tenure with the organization.
- Holidays: SFHP observes 11 paid holidays during the year.
- CalPERS Pension Plan: Unlike many employers, we have a pension plan! We participate in the California Public Employees Retirement Plan (CalPERS). After five years of service credit, employees are fully vested in the pension plan and will receive guaranteed income for life.
- CalPERS 457 Supplemental Income Plan: Employees can choose to supplement their pension plan with pre-tax or post-tax money invested in the CalPERS Supplemental Income 457 Plan.
- 401(a) Retirement Account: SFHP contributes up to 5% of your gross salary into an investment account. After three years of service, employees are fully vested.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees can get reimbursed up to $2,000 for job-related courses in their undergraduate or graduate degrees each fiscal year.
- Professional License / Membership: Job-required license renewals and/or membership dues will be reimbursed by SFHP.
- Crucial Conversations: Employees receive an award-winning training that teaches vital communication tools to use when stakes are high and in everyday situations.
- LinkedIn Learning / Lynda.com: Employees have access to online learning modules in business, technology, and creative skills, to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Toastmasters: The SFHP Toastmasters Club is an employer-paid program, hosted onsite, that helps build confidence in public speaking and leadership skills.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: You can set aside a portion of your salary to pay for your health care and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Transit and Parking: Use pre-tax dollars to help pay for commuting expenses!
- Remote Work Benefits: SFHP provides a home office stipend to help shoulder the costs of creating a more comfortable work-from-home office environment.
- Healthy & Happy Wellness: The health and wellness of SFHP’s employees is always top of mind. We offer a variety of different speakers, activities and tips to help you improve your health and maintain your wellness.
- Employee Discount Program: Employee discount program where you can save on top brands in fitness, entertainment, travel, shopping, and more!
- Employee Recognition Awards: SFHP has several employee awards programs that recognize and honor those employees who go above and beyond in representing our core values.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: SFHP provides basic life insurance for you.
- Basic Long-Term Disability Insurance: SFHP provides basic long-term disability insurance for you.
- Optional Life and AD&D Insurance: Additional life insurance is available to purchase for yourself and your dependents.
- Optional Short-Term Disability Insurance: Additional short term disability insurance is available to purchase for yourself.
Please be sure to follow us on for the latest SFHP position openings and news.