Free Telemedicine Benefit
With Teladoc®, you can talk to a doctor in minutes, not hours or days like you would at the ER, urgent care, or with your PCP.
When You Can’t See Your PCP
You can talk with a doctor from anywhere using your phone, smartphone app, or your computer. With our FREE service, Teladoc®, you can get care from a doctor for simple, non-emergency problems.*
A Teladoc® doctor can treat simple problems like:
- Back & Joint Problems
- Urinary Discomfort
- Vomiting & Diarrhea
- Red, Itchy Eyes
- Skin Rashes
- And More
Register with Teladoc®
You have three easy ways to register with Teladoc®:
- At their website: teladoc.com/sfhp
- Download a Teladoc® mobile app by clicking on the app buttons
- Call Teladoc® at 1(800) 835-2362. If the language you are most comfortable speaking is other than English, you should call Teladoc®.
Complete Your Medical History
To complete the registration process, you must fill out a medical history form. This form must be completed prior to requesting a doctor and needs to be updated each year. The Teladoc® doctor will review your medical history prior to talking with you.
Healthy Workers HMO Members
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) Healthy Workers members have new rights for services received via telehealth under Assembly Bill (AB) 457, the Protection of Patient Choice in Telehealth Provider Act. AB 457 became effective January 1, 2022.
- You have the right to access your medical records.
- SFHP is required to share the records of any telehealth services provided through Teladoc® with your PCP unless you object. If you would like to opt out of Teladoc sharing records with your PCP, you may do so by calling Teladoc at 1(800) 835-2362. You also have the right to access these records.
- All services received through telehealth with Teladoc are available at the same cost as an in-network provider, and all cost sharing will accrue to the out-of-pocket maximum.
- You may receive services on an in-person basis or via telehealth, if available, from your in-network provider. SFHP is required to provide these services to you within the wait times listed in the Timely Access to Care section of the Member Handbook.
Make an Appointment
You can request to speak with a doctor from the comfort of your home wherever you have phone or internet access for FREE. Doctors are California Board Certified, many with over 20 years of experience. Talk to a doctor by phone in the language you speak. Doctors are available any time day or night. Find out more at Teladoc® or by calling 1(800) 835-2362.
You can call our Nurse Help Line anytime to talk to a trained registered nurse who can help answer your health care questions. This service is free and available to you in your language. Call at 1(877) 977-3397.
*Kaiser members and some members who also have Medicare coverage are not eligible for Teladoc® services.