Our Mission, Our Passion:
Over 25 years ago, we enrolled our first member. From day one, our mission was to provide superior, affordable health care emphasizing prevention, and promoting healthy living to the largest number of low-income San Francisco residents possible. Every day we strive to improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable residents of San Francisco and support the providers who serve them.
What makes San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) different? Our people do. SFHP is a growing organization with an energetic, innovative, and mission driven spirit. Together we work to transform health care in San Francisco and the lives of over 145,000 members. SFHP employees serve with respect, strive to excel, and teamwork.
Together, we fulfill and uphold SFHP’s guiding principles:
- Educate, inspire, and assist our members to lead healthy lifestyles
- Maintain strong, collaborative relationships between our members, community-based organizations, and health care providers throughout the City
- Recognize the cultural diversity of San Franciscans
- Lead with innovation, continually creating new ways to make health care more accessible and affordable
- Create a team-oriented environment based on respect that supports personal and professional integrity and encourage employee growth
Let’s hear from some of our employees and learn about the work we do and the impact it has.
Watch our UM team talk about why working here is one of the best places to be for a career in Public Health.
Learn how rewarding it is to be an IT team member at SFHP.
Learn how Care Support works to improve our member’s lives.
Watch our Customer Service team work to support our members.