Facility Site Reviews
Facility Site Reviews of Primary Care Provider Sites
Thank you for participating in the SFHP Primary Care Provider Network and partnering with us to offer our members the high quality care they need.
Facility Site Review Survey
Medical Record Review Survey Library
Physical Accessibility Review Survey
Facility Site Reviews are the application of prescribed standards by the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS)/Medi-Cal Managed Care Division (MMCD) for all primary care provider (PCP) sites. All network PCP sites receive:
- An Initial Facility Site Review (FSR) is part of the credentialing process.
- New PCP sites must pass their Initial FSR before receiving SFHP member assignments.
- An Initial MRR is conducted approximately 3-6 months following the ﬁrst member assignment.
- A Periodic Full Scope FSR and MRR are conducted every 36 months thereafter.
- An Interim Monitoring Review is conducted every 18-months via an attestation form.
The FSR and MRR are conducted by DHCS-Certiﬁed Nurse Reviewers and scored with standardized DHCS guidelines and audit tools. The purpose of the reviews is to ensure that:
- Appropriate primary health care services are provided;
- Processes that support continuity and coordination of care are consistent,
- Patient safety standards and practices are maintained;
- And, clinics operate in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.