Quality Improvement Committee
Our Quality Improvement (QI) Committee is a standing committee of the San Francisco Health Authority Governing Board. It is responsible for reviewing and approving the annual QI Work Plan and Evaluation, and for oversight of all our quality improvement activities. It is the main forum for member and provider participation in assuring the quality and clinical oversight of our health care delivery system.
The QI Committee approves our utilization and case management policies, clinical studies, and the activities of all entities delegated for utilization management services.
The Quality Improvement Committee of the San Francisco Health Plan meets every two months from 7:30am to 8:30am. Meetings are held at 50 Beale St., 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. Agenda and printed meeting materials are available for inspection at the same location in addition to the San Francisco Health Plan website.
Any documents distributed to the majority of the Committee Members regarding any agenda item for an open session, after the agenda has been posted, will be available for public inspection during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
We encourage you to use the SFHP website to access Quality Improvement Committee meeting materials. Members of the public may request to be mailed a copy of the agenda and board materials, which is subject to a fee that equals the cost of mailing and preparation. If you wish to have the Quality Improvement Committee agenda and/or materials mailed to you, please contact Quality Improvement or call 1(415) 615-5696.
Meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals who may require any accommodations (alternative formats – i.e., large print, audio, translation of meeting materials, interpretation, etc.) to participate in this meeting and wish to request an alternative format for the agenda, meeting notice, and meeting packet may contact Quality Improvement or call 1(415) 615-5696.
Notification at least one week before the meeting will enable us to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meetings and to the related materials.
Quality Improvement Committee Members:
- Edwin Batongbacal, Director of ABS, CBHS at SFDPH; SFHP Governing Board member
- Annelie Briones, Hill Physicians Medical Group
- Jeanette Cavano, PharmD, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
- Todd May, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
- Daniel Chan, MD, North East Medical Services
- Dennis McIntyre, MD, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
- Ellen Chen, MD, San Francisco Health Network
- Jaime Ruiz, MD, Mission Neighborhood Health Center
- Irene Conway, Member Advisory Committee
- Kenneth Tai, MD, North East Medical Services
- Jeffrey Critchfield, MD, ZSFG
- Ana Valdes, MD, HealthRight 360
- Lukejohn Day, MD, University of California, San Francisco
- Joseph Woo, MD, Chinese Community Health Center Association
- Edward Evans, Member Advisory Committee
- Albert Yu, MD, San Francisco Health Network